ARTICLES AND PUBLICATIONS
In this section you’ll find publications, white papers and articles written by MCP staff, interns and external contributors. Most articles relate to the subject matter we study and work with, namely conservation, marine biology and scientific diving. As a research centre employing scuba diving, we also find it natural that some of the articles relate to scuba diving safety, equipment, training and methodology.
Kindly note most of these articles, especially those on scuba diving, are intended for a wide audience, and we fully encourage our contributors to write their articles in plain English.
Some of these articles are merely informational, others are technical or scientific while a third group are opinion pieces. Please don’t confuse one for the other. Anything presented in articles, especially those of an editorial nature, are the thoughts of the individual authors – if we feel markedly differently about issues or need to comment as an organisation – Marine Conservation Philippines will add commentary as an appendix.
Scientific Articles and White Papers
- Zamboanguita MPA 2018-2019 report. An evaluation of the Marine Protected Areas (MPAs) in Zamboanguita from June 2018 to August 2019. Laura Schramm and Charlie Wiseman
- Guidelines for the creation of MPAs in the Philippines – Summarized consideration – Ashley Carreiro and Jon Baines
- Factors and principles to consider when establishing artificial reefs practical consideration for the Philippines – Ashley Carreiro and Jon Baines
- Effectiveness of locally managed Marine Protected Areas Using South Negros Oriental as example – Joel Rohrer
- Sustainable Fisheries certification process in the developing Countries Looking at potential of tourism industry – Maija Lahteenkorva
- Sustainable fishing for small scale fishermen Examining conditions for small-scale fishers in Zamboanguita – J. Schijvenaars
- Sources and Levels of Sedimentation and Nutrient Pollution Along the South Eastern coast of Negros Oriental – by Rita Naus
- The Chlorophyte Ulva Bloom in Lutoban Bay An eutrophication study – by Serena Orr
- Windowpane Oyster Report An examination of windowpane oyster (placuna placenta) populations in Siit Bay – by Patsita Jiratipayabood
- An Evaluation of Coral Reef Restoration Methods Restoration methods relevant to South East Negros conditions – by Abigail Mickelfield, BODC
- Impact of Sea Level Rise on Tropical Coastal Ecosystems Examining ecosystem resilience With Siit Bay, Negros Oriental as case study by John-Gareth Phillips
- Fish Survey Baseline Report For RVS fish surveys done in 2015-2016 on 9 locations in Dauin, Zamboanguita and Siaton. By Annelies Andringa-Davis
- The Role of Nursery Habitats in the Effectiveness of Marine Protected Areas in the The Philippines with Wageningen University by Dirkje Verhoeven
- The Effectiveness of Marine Protected Areas in the South-eastern part of Negros Oriental with HAS University of Applied Science by Jorien van Schie
- Increasing the Resilience of Marine Ecosystems Creating and Managing Marine Protected Areas in the Philippines – An Overview by Karin Post
- Hinagdanan Cave Survey Report Prepared with SUAKCREM under JICA program
If you’re really anxious to get started or are part of another organization looking to use our survey methods, you can find full outlines of our methodology here. Keep in mind, we do occasionally change our survey methodology so it may be best to wait until you arrive to put them to memory. Regardless, these manuals give a good overview of the type of survey dives you will be doing during your stay at Marine Conservation Philippines.
Last update/revision to invert and substrate manuals: November, 2017
Last update/revision to fish survey manuals: April, 2017